Sunday, September 4, 2016

McKayla: On Reading


READ, READ, READ!  Reading helps people think and helps them learn more.  People can learn about times in history or about famous people. When I was younger,  I loved reading the book Horton Hears a Who.  This was a book my mom would always read me  before I went to bed. My earliest memory was in kindergarten, when we started to write our name and had to spell it correct.  It was hard at first but when I knew how to write the letters it was way easier learning how to spell my name. Like writing, I sometimes struggle at reading too.  I will sometimes come upon a word that I don’t know or can’t pronounce.  I get stressed out  and don’t want to continue to read.  Some authors help me overcome this.  For example in fifth grade,  I loved reading the book Hatchet because I love reading Gary Paulsen’s books. As my mom always told me, reading opens up many doors and takes you to many places!

Fail is fake
Success is real