Sunday, September 4, 2016

Aliyya: On Reading

Why do I like reading so much? Reading is fun, exciting, interesting, and knowledgeable. I remember my mother reading this book to me titled Are You My Mother? It was so sad when the little bird couldn’t find its mom. My earliest literacy memory was when I was a small child in kindergarten, my teacher was so nice and encouraging . She told me that I can do anything if I put my mind to it and never give up! She made me love reading and writing more. Now with all the hard work and effort, I love reading and writing! My biggest struggle in reading was comprehending the meaning of lots of big words. For example, philosophy, interaction, and immunity. My favorite book in fifth grade was Wonder.  I like the book because it explained how Auggie’s life was with a syndrome and how he still made friends. I hope we get to read realistic fiction in sixth grade because it’s cool to see things that really don’t happen in life but could happen. I’m reading to succeed in life.