Thursday, September 1, 2016

Jessica: On Reading


       Reading has always has been an interest for me even when I was about 3. When I was younger I really enjoyed reading fun books by Doctor Seuss books such as Green Eggs and Ham.I really enjoyed reading that book because it had a sense of humor in it, that as a child I highly enjoyed. My clearest literacy memory was back in first grade when my class and I were learning the alphabet and we had to draw animals with the letter and the animal that we drew had to start with the letter that we had to draw the animal with. I really enjoy that memory because that was when my artistic interest started for me. Even though I enjoy reading very much, I do have some struggles with reading. That struggle is reading directions that has to do with a project that I have to do usually for school that has harder vocabulary. Now that I am getting better at my reading skills, that struggle is now improving. I remember this really great book that I read last year. It was a awesome book that I really enjoyed that really kicked off my interest of horror books. That book was The Midsummer Night’s Scream.That book was very interesting because it had so many mysteries and I do like to scare myself. That was how I got into Stephen King. I do hope that we read a R.L. Stine book this year because that is one of my favorite authors and his books are amazing. As, you can tell, I am a Horror reader and a reader of interesting novels that leave me hanging off the edge of my seat.


I proved that I was capable.