Sunday, September 4, 2016

Matt: On Reading

Reading is one of those things that sticks with you. We have all read a number of books, some have been good and some you think back to and frown. When I think back to my young childhood to books that I listened to I remember a lot of books that I like. I used to love to listen to my mom when she read Green Eggs And Ham. I always used to laugh at all of the rhymes. There are a number of genres that I love to listen to, but my favorite books to listen to are comedies. I love humor because when my dad reads it, he makes it sound funny with the voices he uses. There are so many memories I have in reading but there is one that sticks out more than the others. I remember in 1st grade when my teacher told us to read a book at home so I choose GREEN EGGS AND HAM. I remember reading it and saying “it’s so long” and then my mom told me to keep trying and I did and finished. That was one of my earliest literacy memories because I felt so good and felt like I could take on the world. My favorite book to read as a small child was GREEN EGGS AND HAM because when I was young my mom and dad read it to me almost every day so I loved it. Later, I started reading it and I loved it. Currently my favorite genre to read is probably books about survival after reading the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. This book sparked me to read more survival books. Reading has not always been my favorite thing to do. My greatest struggle in reading is probably forgetting what I just read. I HATE when this happens because you have to go back and read it all over again.  Hatchet is a book about a boy that gets in a plane crash and ends up in a forest in Canada. That leads to my favorite book of 5th grade Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. Those of you who have not read it should read it right now. There are a lot of books that we can choose from but I hope we read a mystery. I hope this happens because I have not read one in a long time and I love cliffhangers. This is why I hope we read a mystery. There are a lot of words that describe me. My six words that describe me are I LOVE SPORTS AND LIKE FRIENDS. That is the paragraph about my reading life.