Sunday, September 4, 2016

Ava: On Reading

Reading is a big part of my life.one of my favorite books as a kid was Goodnight Moon. I use to love to listen to my mom read it to me because I loved it when she said goodnight to all of the objects in the story. As I got older it became easier for me to read books like Goodnight Moon, Are You my Mother and Dr. Seuss books all on my own.  Reading and writing are two of my favorite subjects.  My earliest literacy memory was in second grade and I couldn’t write in cursive, I would always write the words in print with a swirl at the end of the word. It was a big struggle for me. Another big struggle for me was reading.  My greatest struggle in reading is when I am reading and I finish reading a page and I forget what I just read. So then I have to read the page over again. This happened to me a lot in fifth grade. I remember in fifth grade I read some pretty amazing books. My favorite book that I read in fifth grade was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I liked it because the language wasn’t hard for me to understand. I am now on the 6th Harry Potter book because I am in 6th grade now. In sixth grade I hope we read about Fantasy because Fantasy is my favorite genre. I read books everyday and I am glad that reading is a part of my life.

                                           “ I AM A VERY GOOD READER “